Cleveland, Canton and Southern Railway Faded Glory Shirt
- Printed on Front
- 100% Cotton
- Shirt Color - CC&S Sandstone
Other railroad developments would add to the WLE lines. The Cleveland, Canton and Southern railroad (CC&S), originally the Youngstown and Connotton Valley Railway, was established in 1877 and created a line from Bowerston (south of Canton, OH) to Youngstown. The Youngstown and Connotton Valley purchased the bankrupt Ohio and Toledo Railroad in 1878, which ran from Carrollton to Oneida, and shortened the name to Connotton Valley Railroad Company (CVR). The CVR continued to expand its line, and by 1885 the Connotton Valley road had a total of 160.59 miles of narrow gauge (three foot wide) track in operation, stretching from Cleveland to Coshocton. In Cleveland, CVR tracks extended along Canal Street to the corner of Ontario and Huron Avenues, where a new passenger depot was opened in 1883. Sold under foreclosure to bondholders on May 9, 1885, the railroad renamed as the Cleveland and Canton Railway. Tracks were converted to standard-gauge over the next three years and merges with three smaller railroads in May 1892 expanded the line to Zanesville. The Cleveland and Canton added Southern to its name (CC&S) to better describe the 209.59 miles of track it now operated.