Ohio River & Western Railway Co. Faded Glory Shirt
AC Motor Stop Faded Glory Shirt
- Printed on Front
- 100% Cotton
- Shirt Color - Granite Grey Comfort Color 100% Cotton
The Ohio River & Western Railroad was a 112-mile long (180 km) narrow gauge railway that was incorporated in 1875 and operated from 1877 or 1878 till 1931. The railroad was located in southeastern Ohio. The line ran from Bellaire (east point) to Zanesville (west end). The last train to run on the railroad was on Memorial Day, May 30, 1931.
The Ohio River and Western Railroad began construction as the Bellaire and Southwestern Railway in 1876, starting at Bellaire, Ohio, on the Ohio River. It commenced operation in the late 1870s. It had reached Woodsfield by 1880. By 1884, it had reached Zanesville, Ohio, leasing the Muskingum County Railway from the county for the western most nine miles of track. At about the same time, the name became Bellaire, Zanesville and Cincinnati Railroad.
The final mile to the Zanesville depot was achieved through a trackage rights agreement with the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
The name Ohio River and Western Railway was adopted in 1903.