Free Shipping on All orders over $20.00
Cart 0
Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel Logo Shirt

Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel Logo Shirt

$20.00

Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel Logo Shirt   

  • Logo Printed on Front
  • 100% Cotton
  • Shirt Color - Wheeling Pitt Grey  

The company owned the following factories, all of which are between Benwood, West Virginia and Steubenville, Ohio.

Ackermann Works at Wheeling, which produced pressed and drawn steel stampings used in the automotive and appliance industries.
Beech Bottom Works at Beech Bottom, West Virginia, which consisted of sheet mills for producing hot rolled electrical sheets used by electrical equipment manufacturers. It also had facilities for coating long terne sheets produced by the Yorkville Works.
Benwood Works at Benwood, West Virginia, which consisted of 2 pipe mills with slabs supplied from Steubenville Works.
LaBelle Works at Wheeling, which manufactured cut nails.
Martins Ferry Works at Martins Ferry, Ohio, which produced galvanized sheets, galvanized roofing and accessories, corrugated culverts, and hand-dipped items. It featured two continuous galvanizing lines where coils of steel strips were processed, galvanized, and treated and sold under the SofTite brand. A second galvanizing line went into operation in November 1953 at a cost of $3 million.
Steubenville Works, which consisted of three integrated operations:
Steubenville North at Steubenville, Ohio, which featured two blast furnaces, 11 open hearth furnaces, blooming mill, hot strip mill, pickle line, and cold reduction mills. It produced hot rolled sheets and plates and cold rolled sheets and coils.
Steubenville South at Mingo Junction, Ohio, which consisted of three blast furnaces, two Bessemer converters, blooming mill, rolling mill, continuous caster, slab yard, and auxiliary equipment. It supplied hot metal for the open hearth furnaces at Steubenville North and Bessemer slabs for Benwood Works.
Steubenville East in Follansbee, West Virginia, which featured 314 coking ovens for Steubenville North and South.
Steelcrete Works, adjacent to Beech Bottom Works, manufactured expanded metal, metal lath, and accessories. It also produced Steelcrete bank vaults, reinforced mesh for buildings, stair treads, partitions, and miscellaneous items.
Wheeling Works at Wheeling, which fabricated containers, stove pipe and furnace pipe, electric and gas dryers, roofing accessories, floor and roof decking, gasoline tanks for automobiles, and miscellaneous automobile parts.
Yorkville Works at Yorkville, Ohio, which consisted of the first cold reduced black plate for tinning. The first tandem mill of its kind was installed in 1928. The facility produced electrolytic and hot-dipped tinplate, black plate, and terneplate. It also had a metal decorating plant for coating and lithographing tin, terne, and black plate, and two electrolytic tin plate lines that produced tin plate at up to 1,000 feet per minute.
Wheeling Steel was acquired by Pittsburgh Steel to form the Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corporation in December 1968. The merger added:

Allenport Works, a sheet steel plant in Allenport, Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Monessen Works, a steel mill in Monessen, Pennsylvania

 


Share this Product


More from this collection