Lock iconRectangle 1Rectangle 2 + Rectangle 2 CopyShapeRectangle 1

Fairport,Painesville & Eastern Railroad License Plate

  • Sale
  • $16


Fairport,Painesville & Eastern Railroad License Plate

    •    6" x 12" .025 Gauge Aluminum
    •    Includes 4 Mounting Slots & 1/2" Radius Rounded Corners
    •    UV Protective coating to Prevent Fading
    •    Image is reproduction - final product might differ slightly
    •    Made in America

 

The Fairport, Painesville & Eastern Railroad was a short line railroad located in northeastern Ohio. It was established in 1910, and was intended to extend from Fairport Harbor (in Lake County) to Austinburg (in Ashtabula County). Though the FP&E briefly made it as far east as Harpersfield Township (just east of the Lake County-Ashtabula County border), it never made it to Austinburg, and for most of the railroad's existence Perry, Ohio was the eastern end of the line. The FP&E was an independent railroad until 1968, when the Norfolk & Western Railway and the Penn Central Company jointly took control of it. Despite being owned by a couple of 'big railroads' and having a slightly different name (Fairport, Painesville & Eastern Railway instead of Fairport, Painesville & Eastern Railroad ), the FP&E continued to operate until it was merged into the N&W in 1984. The former FP&E main line between Perry and Fairport Harbor still exists today, but now it is just a branch line of the Norfolk Southern Railway, and is known as the Fairport Industrial Track (part of the Pittsburgh Division)