Alco Goodwin Logo Shirt
- Logo Printed on Front
- 100% Cotton
- Shirt Color - ALCO Black
Founded in December 1935 by Arthur Elliott Goodwin, the company was originally based in Lidcombe. In 1946 it relocated to St Marys and in the late 1960s to Auburn. In the mid 1950s it became the Australian licence holder for American Locomotive Company (Alco) products, building over 400 diesel locomotives between December 1955 and November 1972. In 1961 the company was taken over by household appliance manufacturer AG Healing.
AE Goodwin collapsed in November 1972. It was purchased from its administrator by Comeng, who completed the outstanding locomotives on order, six 442 class for the Public Transport Commission,one M636 for Hammersley Iron and four M636s for Mount Newman Mining at the Auburn factory before closing it.