Flat rate shipping on all USA orders $5.00 Please allow 10 business days before order is shipped!
Cart 0
Cleveland and Marietta Railroad Logo Shirt

Cleveland and Marietta Railroad Logo Shirt

$20.00

 Cleveland and Marietta Railroad Logo Shirt                            

  •  Logo Printed on Front
  • 100% Cotton Gildan 6.1 oz.
  • Shirt Color = Gravel

The Marietta & Pittsburg Railroad was formed on September 29, 1868, 2 with the goal of connecting Marietta and Dennison. 6 The mainline was constructed between Marietta north to Macksburg in 1871, and to Newcomerstown and Canal Dover (Dover) in June 1874. 2 6 A branch was built northwest from Liberty through Coshocton County to Loudonville.

A supplemental certificate from August 1872 called for five additional branches:

Northwest Extension: From Guernsey County to Richland County;
McConnellsville Branch: From Point Pleasant, in Guernsey County, to McConnellsville, in Morgan County;
Fast Fork Branch: From Washington County to a point near Stafford, in Monroe County;
Dexter Coal Branch: From Dexter Station in Noble County;
Marietta City Branch: From the main line in Marietta through the city to a connection with the Marietta & Cincinnati Railroad in Harmer.
The Marietta & Pittsburg reorganized as the Marietta, Pittsburg & Cleveland Railway on December 7, 1873. 2 It was put into receivership on August 5, 1875, and reincorporated as the Cleveland & Marietta Railroad (C&M) on May 29, 1879.

In September 1882, the C&M entered into an agreement with the Cleveland & Pittsburgh Railroad (C&P) to utilize their tracks between Canal Dover and Zoar. 1

The C&M was quitclaimed in April 1883. 2 One-third of the company was allocated to the Junction & Terminal property at Valley Junction while the remaining two-thirds went to the Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad (W&LE), at which point the C&M was operated as a subsidiary of the W&LE. 1 The railroad once again entered into receivership on February 2, 1885, and it reorganized as the Cleveland & Marietta Railway (C&M) on July 2, 1886. 2 The C&M controlled 96.24 miles of track between Marietta and Canal Dover, and 6.89 miles of track from Marietta and the Harmer Connection with the Baltimore & Ohio Southwest Railroad.

The Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) later acquired the C&M, which was operated as the Marietta Branch. The line was bustling as most of the traffic on the line consisted of coal mined in the southeast part of the state that was destined for the factories and Great Lake ports in Cleveland. At its peak, a northbound coal train would depart from Cambridge every 20 minutes.

In 1968, the PRR merged with the New York Central (NYC) to form the Penn Central Railroad (PC), which became a part of Conrail in 1976. 5 Declaring the line surplus with little originating traffic, the last train rolled over the Marietta Branch between Marietta and Dover on May 1.

 

 Please allow 10 business days to ship!

     

    *Image is a representation and may not be exact


    Share this Product


    More from this collection